<$BlogRSDURL$>

Books that I've had my nose in whilst on fag breaks.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

'The Prayer of the Night Shepherd' by Phil Rickman

I've been waiting to read this for so long! Phil Rickman is my favourite author (though others occasionally topple him off the top spot for the space of a book) and this is the latest in his Merrily Watkins series.

That basically tells you all you need to know about the book. If you enjoy the Merrily Watkins series, you'll love this. If you haven't a clue what I'm canting on about, you would be better off starting at the beginning with 'Wine of Angels'. I know these characters now. I've practically watched Jane grow up. Of course I'm going to love the book!

One thing which might not stand out to the average reader is the sheer amount of times the Midlands or the Black Country are mentioned. They aren't usually mentioned in books and they stand out to me as a Black Country wench. I know why - Phil has two friends in Dudley (whom I'm acquainted with too), who run his website for him. These are nods to them.

Please take it as read that I'm raving about any Phil Rickman book, though he'll never beat 'December' for knocking my socks off.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?